About Me

My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
"Facts DO NOT cease to exist because they are ignored." I'm a truth-seekin', free-speakin', beat freakin' son of a gun. I'm a Georgian from Germany. I'm a kid in adult's clothing. I'm a philosopher in clown shoes. Do I know me? Well, I know me today, but who will I be tomorrow? Follow along and we'll find out together...

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Why I want to be homeless - a List

I met some homeless San Franciscans. This group has far more knowledge than common misconceptions may allow. The pain felt is mine. But I've found little pain, lots of glory. Here is what I intend to learn after I become a person of the street:

1) To learn humility - Take lessons from one and all, for it is with humility that true strength and control are developed.

2) To learn thrift - We are bombarded by the overabundance of all -- people, things, all commodities coming and going after a buck. The true soul knows its needs and satisfies them exclusively.

3) To learn humor - Shit gets real funny when you're broke. But will you laugh or cry?

4) To be uncomfortable - Escaping the pampered cushiness of everyday boredom unlocks doors we can't even see yet. You'll surprise yourself at every turn. That's a promise.

5) To be handy - You'd be shocked at the enterprise of the homeless -- finding shelter here, scraping up a meal there! All with the skillful craftiness of one who has seen and done many things. We all have the know-how to get the things we truly need. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment