About Me

My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
"Facts DO NOT cease to exist because they are ignored." I'm a truth-seekin', free-speakin', beat freakin' son of a gun. I'm a Georgian from Germany. I'm a kid in adult's clothing. I'm a philosopher in clown shoes. Do I know me? Well, I know me today, but who will I be tomorrow? Follow along and we'll find out together...

Thursday, June 11, 2009

What's Love?

What is love without the hate?
What is justice without crime?
What's wealth without poverty?
What's the darkness without shine?

What's the answer to the question
When curious george-like we inquire
"Would we appreciate the cool breeze
If we ne'er knew the fire?"

What is sober without drunk?
And what's a cool guy with no punk?
And what's a smooth set shot
If no one ever thinks to dunk?

What's the spring when there's no fall?
What's a floor without a wall?
And tell me how would we learn to run
If ne'er did we fall?

What's a win without the loss?
What is money with no cost?
And what's a dirty, nasty, rotten smile
If no one ever flossed?

What is up when there's no down?
What's unfunny with no clown?
And how could silence speak such volumes
If ne'er we heard the sound?

What is night without the day?
What's the dirt without the shovel?
I'd like to know, please tell me,
Who is god without the devil?

What's the truth without the lies?
Who's the lord if they're no flies?
And tell me now what is the brownest earth
If we know not of the bluest skies?

Who am I without you?
Who are you without me?
Would we, could we know what's healthy
If there was no H.I.V.?

What is laughter without tears?
And security without fears?
And tell please, if u would,
Who's the blind man with no seers?

What is one without the zero?
What's the past without the future?
Who's the villain with no hero?
Who's the victim with no shooter?

What is youth without old age?
What is happy with no rage?
And what is freedom, might I ask you,
If ne'er we knew the cage?

What's the yin without the yang?
What's the difference with no same?
I may be crazy cuz I think this way,
But that's only with your sane.

I say these words not to discourage
But just to make you think-
Could you know the greatest hunger
If you didn't know the food and drink?

Would you thirst for knowledge
If ignorance were not bliss?
And could you strike a man in hatred
If you never knew a lovers kiss?

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you formatted this writ. The message is profound but also obscure! It speaks to me, yet silences me... haha my reflection is starting to sound like your poem. Interesting

    ReplyDelete